New Jersey Council of Teachers of English
CALL FOR PAPERS
The New Jersey Council of Teachers of English seeks articles for its annual publication, the New Jersey English Journal, a peer-reviewed journal.
2014 Issue of New Jersey English Journal:
The Classroom and Beyond
We invite you to respond to the theme of “The Classroom and Beyond” by considering such questions as:
· How does one define the classroom today?
· How are ideas of the classroom being redefined and reimagined?
· What is the value of the face-to-face classroom experience?
· What needs to happen, and what can happen, in the classroom?
· How can, and/or how must, we connect the classroom to the world and/or to the future beyond the classroom?
· How does the idea of "college and career readiness" impact our classroom practice?
· How can, and how do, teachers supplement classroom teaching?
· What is the experience and potential of a cyber classroom?
In addition to submissions that respond to the theme, we also welcome general submissions and poetry. Submissions will be accepted between April 1 and December 1, 2013. Submissions must use MLA formatting.
Send queries and submissions to email@example.com.
Suggested article length: 7-12 pages, double-spaced. Modern Language Association citation style.
We also welcome visual and poetry submissions.
E-mail submissions as a MS Word attachment to Editor Dana Maloney: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “NJCTE journal submission” in your subject line.
The New Jersey Council of Teachers of English welcomes manuscripts that address pedagogical as well as theoretical concerns. We reserve the right to edit manuscripts to fit style and pagination. Manuscripts will not be returned.