We are pleased to feature as our session leader Dana Maloney. Dana has been a classroom English teacher for more than 25 years. She taught for 3 years at Saint Vincent Academy and has taught at Tenafly High School for the past 23 years. She was a 2012 recipient of both the Princeton University Secondary Teaching Award and the James Moffett Award for Classroom Research. She is the editor of the New Jersey English Journal and serves on the Advisory Committee of the NCTE Achievement Awards in Writing.
Dana's session will engage attendees in a variety of activities to consider how teachers can address the standards AND reach beyond the standards. Participants will deepen their understanding of the Common Core State Standards, consider how to implement the standards within engaging curriculum, and plan for balance between dreams and standards.
$10 registration fee can be paid at the door or in advance. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PRE-REGISTER FOR THE EVENT. New Jersey Council of Teachers of English Fall Conference
We will accept on-site registration as well.
2014 will feature such stellar literary and educational figures as:
• Jeff Hirsch, author of the popular and compelling dystopian series, The Eleventh Plague.
• Michael Sokolove, author of the superb nonfiction book, Drama High.
• Jeff Baron, author of the clever and delightful middle-grade books, I Represent Sean Rosen and Sean Rosen
Is Not for Sale.
and much more
• vendors will share their new titles
• free giveaways of Michael Sokolove's inspiring book, DRAMA HIGH, for everyone
• engaging workshops
• a Nook HD tablet to one lucky attendee!
All on the beautiful campus of Montclair State University.
(registration at Student Center Ballrooms)
Also featuring: Jeff Baron, middle-grade author of I Represent Sean Rosen, and Sean Rosen Is Not for Sale.